Friday 16 September 2011

VSee talk

VSee came down to give a talk this week. In contrast to last week's speakers, Milton was very engaging and captivating. I felt it was more of a talk on how to live life rather than a pitch about what VSee is all about. In particular, I loved how he ALWAYS smiled throughout his talk. His cheerful approach towards life is infectious. I loved listening to him. The points he raised also got me rethinking about my views towards life, and I felt kinda wasted that I didn't take notes cuz I thought his slides would be up on IVLE :(

He reminded me of Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com. From the fun culture, personal interrelationships between colleagues in the company, outlook towards life etc... I highly recommend anyone to pick up the book Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh.

Lesson(s) learnt? Do what is important, not what is urgent. Often this comes as a challenge, but to respond to his dare to NOT do something that is urgent, I decided not to do the UI case study......or not. Just kidding, on it now.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Zappos.com! They give out free copies of their company culture book, maybe you'd like to get one?
    http://www.zapposinsights.com/main/culture-book-international-requests/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I didn't know you could request them just like that. Just sent a request :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete